Monday, July 20, 2015

Book Review: Ghost Hand - The PSS Chronicles


 
 
Synopsis
 
Seventeen-year-old Olivia Black has a rare birth defect known as Psyche Sans Soma, or PSS. Instead of a right hand made of flesh and blood, she was born with a hand made of ethereal energy.

How does Olivia handle being the girl with the ghost hand? Well, she's a little bit morbid and a whole lot snarky.

Her mother thinks her obsession with death, black clothing, and the local cemetery is a bid for attention. But when Marcus, the new guy in Olivia's calculus class, stares at her like she's a freak, Olivia doesn't like it. And when her hand goes rogue, doing things she never imagined possible, Olivia finds herself running for her life with Marcus from a group of men bent on taking the power of her hand for their own nefarious purposes.

*GHOST HAND was a semifinalist for The Kindle Book Review 2013 Best Indie Book Awards in the Young Adult category and a 2013 Cybil Award nominee.
 
My Review
 

My mom got this book emailed to her from the author, Ripley Patton, for me to review on my blog. I'm sorry it took so long for me to review. I was going to review it last week, but I was running out of time. As most of you know, by looking at the cover, the author is Ripley Patton and the book it 386 pages long.

Olivia was born with a rare case called PSS, Psyche Sans Soma, on her hand. She has heard of other people that have it, but had never seen any until now when she learned she had the ability to pull helpful items out of people. She needs to learn how to control it, and fast, because the CamFers(People that extract and kill people with PSS) are onto her. She meets this guy named Marcus, who says he can help her be safe from the CamFers. After she goes with Marcus, she meets other people with PSS that are all trying to get to more PSS patients before the CamFers do. While they are trying to get something to give them an advantage, Emma, Olivia's best friend, looks for her and finds her. What Olivia doesn't know is that her being friends with Emma puts her in danger and Emma gets captured! What will they find out about the CamFers?

I loved the concept of this book and at some parts I couldn't put the book down. I think some of the secrets that get revealed are so unexpected that it just blows your mind. It is a bit confusing at times during the book, but it clears up once you get closer to the end. Now for the worst of my review. I thought that my blog was kind of self - explanatory; I review books for teens, tweens, and clean YA. The F-BOMB was in this book at least 20 times and there was a naked scene (though it wasn't overly detailed). If my blog handled adult books I would have gave it a better rating. Other than that, though, it was a great book and I would love to read the second book, "Ghost Hold" but I worry that it contains a lot more of the cussing.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment