Thursday, September 8, 2016

Book Review: Catch You - Love Me, I'm Famous Series



Synopsis

Pride and Prejudice meets Veronica Mars in this romantic comedy about the feisty nerd and the cocky jock. 

Kimberly
I had always thought Owen Whitfield fit the mold of the brainless jock perfectly. Group of idiot friends? Check. Vapid girlfriend? Check. Ego bigger than the moon? Check. As long as he stayed out of my way, coexisting with his kind was doable. Until one day our worlds collided, changing everything. He pissed me off so badly that I had no choice but to give him a taste of his own medicine. Little did I know that my act of revenge would come back to bite me in the ass. How was I supposed to know Owen would turn out to be the best partner in crime I could hope for?

Owen
I never paid much attention to Kimberly Dawson, but I knew who she was. Ice Queen was what we called her. She was gorgeous, no one could deny that. But she was also a condescending bitch which was enough reason for me to stay the hell away from her. She thought I was a dumb jock and that was okay until she came crashing into my life. Against my better judgment, I let her embroil me in her shenanigans, forcing us to spend too much time together. It was my doom. She got under my skin, she was all I could think about. I never thought I would be the knight in shining armor to anyone, not until she came along.

My Review


This is a novella to the "Love Me, I'm Famous" series by M.H, Soars. This book is 185 pages.

Kimberly has always had a boring life, a boring boyfriend, and all she thought about was studying and doing homework. She always thought Owen Whitefield was just a stupid jock with a big ego and he always thought she was just a heartless witch, but when their worlds collide they learn how similar they really are. They can't stop thinking about each other and when they must join forces to prove the innocents of a friend that got framed by another, they have to work together. Kimberly and Owen have been playing the jealousy game and they still don't realize their love for each other. Will they realize that they care for each other? Who framed Kimberly's friend? Will their little adventure bring them closer or tear them apart?

This was a good book!! The plot was interesting and I think the author did a GREAT job explaining the lives of teenagers and their daily struggles. I definitely felt a part of this book and it was a good feeling. I don't usually review NA books, but when I was given the chance to review this book at UTOPYA I had to. This does have the F-bomb in it and a few scenes... WARNING: They aren't total fade-to-black!! I would have given it five stars, but it is NA and that isn't what my blog is about. This book would be recommended for 17 or older. YA falls under the category as 16 and older, so that's why it is labeled as YA.

No comments:

Post a Comment